DETAILS FOR D-DAY!!!
We hope that you are excited as we are for the 2nd edition of TEDxPickeringStreet featuring THE Qs | 全商! :) Just 5 things to share in anticipation for tomorrow:
1) Registration begins at 12.30pm. We will allow participants on our waiting-list to start entering from 1.05pm onwards. Thus, if you were to come later than that, your seat might just be taken up and we cannot guarantee your seat due to crowd control. However, you are definitely welcome to enter our simulcast room and wait for an available spot.
2) Please kindly have your lunch prior to the event as we are only serving tea.
(Oh come on, tea is not proper food!)
3) To save our Earth, you can view the program booklet via an app called EventsXD. Find it in your app-store. Download it. Search for TEDxPickeringStreet. (3 simple steps!)
4) For our After-party, if you THINK you want to attend – it’s better to purchase first. Tickets wait for no man. If you happen to change your mind, we could always refund/cancel it later.
(All in all, just buy first - you wouldn’t regret!)
5) Get ready to feast all your 5 senses as we will be showcasing interesting people, products and organizations in Singapore through our interactive activities booths.
#BeQurious #TheQs #TEDxPickeringSt
Our awesome speakers can’t wait to share their inspiring stories with you!
See you at 12.30pm tomorrow @ the ArtScience Museum, Level 4! :D
Team @ TEDxPickeringStreet 2017
NO MORE TICKETS BUT STILL WANT TO ATTEND?
Thank you all for your support! TEDxPickeringStreet 2017 is officially sold out! HOWEVER! If you didn't grab your tickets in time, fear not, you have some options!
1) Wait-list/walk-in on the day itself: In the event that there are cancellations or no-shows, you can pay on the spot! We will let people in for as long as there is still space.
2) On-site simulcast: We are simulcasting the event in our activity room that's next to the conference room! So you can still join us for the day and mingle with the participants and speakers at the after-party! (PS: If you get the after-party tickets and attend the simulcast, and space opens up later during the program, you'll be rewarded for your patience by being let in for a small top-up fee of $5!)
at home and attend the after-party: Catch the live-stream from the comfort of your own home and join us for the after-party as we continue the great conversations from before!
感谢个位的鼎力支持， TEDxPickeringStreet 2017 年的票已全出售完毕。但是！ 如果你无论如何都想参加今年的活动的话！我们有以下的建议：
1） 候补名单：您可在活动当天来到会场， 若有任何人临时缺席， 您即可当场买票入座！ 我们会在现场售票直到座位都坐满为止。
2）现场转播室： 我们会在我们讲堂旁边的活动室里转播讲堂里的状况， 虽然张力不如现场，但是您还是可以在休息时间和 after-party 上与其他参加者和讲者交流。（附带一提： 持有after-party 票的朋友们， 如果我们活动中途有人离席，腾出了座位， 只要多交$5即可进入讲堂入座！）
3） 在家里看直播， 晚上在来参加party!: 夜猫子，白天想宅在家里，没问题！您可在家里看我们的直播， 太阳下山了再来活动现场和我们的 讲者和参加者交流！
THE Qs | 何谓 “全商”？
IQ, EQ, AQ, MQ, CQ…There are many different types of quotients and intelligence in this world.
We here at TEDxPickeringStreet seek to embark on a journey to explore the many ‘Qs’ in life through the discovery of new ideas and perspectives.
We hope that in doing so, we can help our participants grow, not only as individuals, but as members of society, and as a global citizen. There is a 'Q' for everyone at every level, so…
#BeQurious #TheQs #TEDxPickeringSt
我們今年活動的主題為 "全商" (The Qs);
13.00-15.00: Session 1
15.00-16.00: Tea Break
16.00-18.00: Session 2
After-party starts at 19.00 in the lobby, only for those who have bought the after-party tickets!
[Our Speakers | 讲者介绍]
Bringing creativity to uncomfortable conversations
HK URBEX 城市探險 | Urban Explorers
Kaironauts: Unearthing Hidden Mysteries of the Twin Cities
Sreeram Iyer | COO of ANZ
Why Spirituality matters in Corporate Leadership
Erin Padilla & Larissa Murphy | Co-founder of Accela;Co-creator at Contrast Design
Are Trendy offices really great places to work?
Jiezhen Wu | Founder of The Hidden Good
Because doing good doesn't have to look a certain way
Kwek Hian Chuan Henry - 郭献川 | Member of Parliament for Nee Soon GRC Open-source change
Rebecca Cappelli | Speaker at Let Us Be Heroes
Eating our way to a better world
Henri Bong | CEO of UnaBiz
IoT will turn all of us into superheroes
Booth Aster | Project wings founder and Author
TEDx artist in residence
Erin Chen | Sex & Relationship Counsellor | Sexual Wellness Advocate
The secret ingredients to sexual intelligence
Bhaskar's Arts Academy
Orang orang Sunyi
Inspired by poems from Singapore, the dancers tell a story of love, loss and courage in the face of adversity. This synthesis of poetry, music and movement celebrates a universal love that transcends cultures and languages. The poem, in Malay, is woven into a Carnatic music tapestry and expressed through dramatics as well as the dance forms of bharatanatyam and folk.
Shanice Nicole Stanislaus | Founder and Director of Creatives Inspirit
The Humor Quotient
Inclusiveness is the core value and idea of TEDxPickeringStreet. We believe that great ideas can be found everywhere and anywhere and in every person, and that language should not be a barrier to the sharing of great ideas.
Hence we named our event after William A. Pickering, the first British officer who could speak and write Mandarin and acted as the bridge between the Chinese and British during Singapore’s days as a colony.
We also aim to not only be linguistically inclusive but to do so on every level of our event. we want to connect people, across different race, cultures, countries and most importantly, station. Because great things happen when people meet and connect.
Ultimately though, we just want everyone to have fun. Hopefully, we’ll be known as the TEDx event that takes ourselves the least seriously.
The ideas shared at the event represent the views of the speakers and not of TED's nor that of TEDxPickeringStreet's sponsors and partners.